Assistant Professor, Computer Science
PhD (Alberta), M.Sc. (LAU-Lebanon), BS (BUC-Lebanon)
5-173G, City Centre Campus10700 – 104 AvenueEdmonton, AB780-633-3547
Mohamad El-Hajj is a Computer Science Instructor at MacEwan University, Canada. Dr. El-Hajj joined MacEwan University in May of 2012. He obtained a Master's degree in Computer Science at the Lebanese American University, Lebanon, in 1998. He obtained his PhD from University of Alberta, Canada, in 2006 under the supervision of Dr. Osmar Zaiane. His PhD thesis work focused on finding frequent patterns in large datasets. Dr El-Hajj's main interest is in applying data mining intelligent tools in real live examples. He applies his research in different domains such as medical, engineering, and education.
databases, data mining, data warehousing, AI, parallel programming, health informatics, human behaviors and interactions with computers, and e-learning
Teaching and Research Interests
- CMPT 291 Introduction to File and Database Management
- CMPT 399 Topics in Computer Science , Data Mining
- CMPT 391 Database Management Systems
Selected Publications / Presentations / Conference Papers
- Mohammad El-Hajj, Julie Burger, Robert S. Hayward. Virtual Research Communities To Bridge People, Knowledge And Evidence. 2011 RTNA Conference. Edmonton, Canada, October 12-14 2011
- Mohammad El-Hajj, and Robert S Hayward. Predicting user behavior to facilitate efficient provision of health applications. The 2009 International Conference on Advanced in Social Network Analysis and Data Mining. ASONAM 2009: 324-329
- Osmar R. Zaïane and Mohammad El-Hajj. Bi-Directional Constraint Pushing in Frequent Pattern mining, Book chapter, Data Mining Patterns: New Methods and Applications, A book to be published by Idea Group Inc, 2007.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane. 2006. "Parallel Bifold: Large-scale parallel pattern mining with constraints." Distributed and Parallel Databases 20: 225-243.
- Mohammad El-Hajj and Osmar R. Zaïane. 2005. "YAFIMA: Yet Another Frequent Itemset Mining Algorithm." Journal of Digital Information Management 3(4): 243-248.
Professional Associations / Memberships
- IEEE International Conference on Data Mining ICDM 2012
- ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications 2010
- Fifth International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications ADMA 2009
- Fourth International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications ADMA 2008
- IEEE International Conference on Information Reuser and Integration 2008
- Seventh IEEE International Conference on Data Mining ICDM 2007
- Third International Conference on Advanced Data Mining and Applications ADMA 2007
- Open Source Data Mining Workshop: On Frequent Pattern Mining Implementations in conjunction with ACM SIGKDD 2005