Associate Professor, Computer Science
PhD (Saskatchewan), Computer Science, M.Sc. (Manitoba), Computer Science, B.Eng. (Petra), Computer Engineering
5-172G, City Centre Campus10700 - 104 AvenueEdmonton, AB780-497-4085
Indratmo works as an Instructor in the Department of Computer Science at MacEwan University. He enjoys teaching both introductory and advanced programming courses, such as object-oriented programming, interactive systems, and mobile software development. His research interests cover multidisciplinary areas of information visualization, human-computer interaction, and social computing. Prior to working at MacEwan, he taught several computer science courses as a sessional lecturer at the University of Saskatchewan. Outside the academic world, he enjoys traveling, hiking, and camping in the Canadian Rockies.
information visualization, human-computer interaction, information exploration
Teaching and Research Interests
- CMPT 101: Introduction to Computing I
- CMPT 305: Object-Oriented Programming
- CMPT 350: Interactive Systems
Current Research Project:
- Development of a Tabletop Application for MacEwan Open House
Selected Publications / Presentations / Conference Papers
- Indratmo & Vassileva, J. 2012. The Role of Social Interaction Filter and Visualization in Casual Browsing. In Proceedings of the 45th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Maui, Hawaii, USA (pp. 1824–1833).
- Indratmo & Vassileva, J. 2009. Social Interaction History: A Framework for Supporting Exploration of Social Information Spaces. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (pp. 538–545).
- Indratmo & Vassileva, J. 2008. A Review of Organizational Structures of Personal Information Management. Journal of Digital Information, 9(1), (19 pages).
- Indratmo, Vassileva, J., & Gutwin, C. (2008). Exploring Blog Archives with Interactive Visualization. In Proceedings of the Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces, Naples, Italy (pp. 39–46).
Awards / Grants / Fellowships
- MacEwan University, Research, Scholarly Activity and Creative Achievement Fund (2011 - 2013).
- MacEwan University, Conference, Exhibition and Performance Travel Fund (2013).
Boards / Committees
Program Committee Member:
- The 19th International Conference on Collaboration and Technology (2013).
- Personal Information Management Workshop (2012).