Wanda Costen, PhD, MBA
Dean, School of Business
Dr. Wanda Costen brings a depth of experience and expertise to her role as Dean, School of Business.
Her teaching expertise extends to areas including strategy, human resources, organizational behaviour, law and diversity. Her research interests encompass racial and gender inequality in organizations, women and leadership, strategic human resources, managing diversity, and ethnic minority student experiences.
Dr. Costen earned her PhD from Washington State University and an Executive MBA from Pepperdine University. She completed her undergraduate degree at the United States Military Academy at West Point. During the 2013/14 academic year she served as a Fulbright Scholar with the University of the West Indies – Mona, in Kingston, Jamaica.
E: Wanda Costen
Sherif Elbarrad, PhD (Ain-Shams), MSc (Ain-Shams); CPA; CMA
Professor, Department of Accounting and Finance
Sherif has been at MacEwan University since 2011, teaching in the Bachelor of Commerce program. He was the program chair for the Department of Accounting and Finance prior to his current role and is a leader in creating innovation teaching methods for the accounting and finance industry. His prior positions include being chair of accounting departments at different universities in Egypt and Saudi Arabia and teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as being a visiting professor at a University in Germany. With more than three decades of experience in both the academic and professional fields, he brings his expertise to this role.
Besides his academic career, Sherif is a partner of a managerial and financial consulting firm which is working in the Middle East (Egypt and the Gulf Countries). He also worked as a trainer delivering workshops in the field of accounting and finance at different universities and training institutes. He has published several books in the field of accounting; he has also published numerous research papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is a Certified Public Accountant in Egypt and associate member of Montana Society of Certified Public Accountants in the USA. He is also a Chartered Professional Accountant in Alberta.
Department Chairs and Administrative Assistants
Accounting and Finance
Eloisa Perez, PhD
Rickard Enstroem, PhD
International Business, Marketing, Strategy and Law
Albena Pergelova, PhD
Organizational Behaviour, Human Resources, and Management
Lyle Benson, PhD
Director of Finance and Business Operations
Administrative Assistant, Reception
MacEwan University School of Business: Fueling globally competitive, future-oriented organizations and graduates. Powered by Alberta’s entrepreneurial spirit and catalyzing creative business partnerships, we drive prosperity at home and abroad.
We transform our students into business practitioners skilled at anticipating trends and creating solutions. Our intensive practice-based approach and values-based curriculum challenge our students to become leaders whose ethics and character are second-to-none. We charge our graduates and accomplished faculty to apply their research, solve organizational challenges and contribute to a world eager for our singular blend of skill, ingenuity and heart.
- Exceptional educational and professional programs and learning experiences for our students that are grounded in advanced theory and business practices;
- Unique opportunities for high-potential students with non-traditional academic backgrounds, including those with relevant life experiences;
- Collaborative environments for our students, faculty and staff that are respectful, tolerant and success-oriented;
- Inquiring and adaptive life-long learners who are confident and ready for increasingly complex and demanding business environments in Alberta and the world;
- Highly ethical and socially-responsible business professionals and leaders;
- Strong business growth in future high-demand sectors in the Edmonton region;
- Lasting bonds with our business community, alumni, friends and donors that address their aspirations.