Associate Professor, Bachelor of Commerce
Department of Organizational Behaviour, Human Resources and Management
PhD (Alberta); MAABS; BEd; CHRP
5-306W, City Centre Campus10700 – 104 AvenueEdmonton, AB780-497-4226
Dr. Benson’s research interests focus on holistic leadership development. These include undergraduate development leadership skills, team building skills, and negotiating skills. He is also interested in undergraduate self-confidence development in the preceding areas.
leadership, team building, negotiating, self-confidence
Teaching and Research Interests
- ORGA 201 - Introduction to Management
- ORGA 314 - Managing Negotiations
- ORGA 330 - Managerial Skills Development
- HRMT 180 - Human Resources Management
- HRMT 160 - Training & Development I
- HRMT 260 - Training & Development II
- HRMT 222 - Human Resources Development
- HRMT 280 - Human Resources Field Placement
- MGMT 121 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 122 - Organizational Behaviour
- MGMT 131 - Marketing
- MGMT 223 - Supervision
- MGMT 231 - Sales
- MGMT 242 - Business Fieldwork
Selected Publications / Presentations / Conference Papers
- Benson, L. & Enstroem, R. (June, 2013). Educating for the future: The wholistic leadership model and the confidence-competence interplay. Proceedings of EDNIB Confernce, June 5-7, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom.
- Benson,L. & Enstrom, R. (May, 2012). Measuring team member effectiveness: Developing a group work competency scale for business students. Proceedings of EDINEB Conference, May 2-4, Haarlem, Netherlands.
- Emberg, D. & Benson, L. (June, 2010) Integrating professional skills into a Bachelor of Commerce program: A case study. Proceedings of EDINEB Conference, June 9-11, London, England.
- Benson, L., Rezania, D., & Buro, K. (March, 2010). Developing a scale for assessment of managerial competencies for undergraduate business students. Proceedings of Western Academy of Management Conference, March 24-28, Kona, Hawaii, USA.