Bachelor of Child and Youth Care Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Demonstrate professionalism by following the guidelines of the CYCCA Code of Ethics at all times.
- Use an ethical decision-making model that respects the values and rights of all people.
- Show leadership in academic and practice environments.
- Foster an environment of social awareness, sensitivity and inclusion with individuals and groups.
- Exhibit critical awareness of social inequity, injustice and the impact of globalization within diverse environments.
- Demonstrate advocacy for children, youth and families across different demographics.
- Apply strength-based practice focused on building resources and capacity with all individuals, families and communities.
- Disseminate knowledge that continually advances the field of Child and Youth Care.
- Apply theoretical frameworks that inform effective and innovative practices.
- Utilize proficient and professional written and oral communication skills
- Integrate innovative and creative practice skills based on research in CYC environments.
- Engage individuals and groups in therapeutic activities that facilitate holistic development within the life space.
- Engage in critical self-reflection and on-going self-assessment in academic and practice environments.
- Employ self-care strategies to enhance personal well-being and professional competency.