Once you are admitted, you will eligible to enrol in classes on or after the Open Enrolment date for each term. Open Enrolment for Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms starts on June 10, 2019. Open Enrolment for Spring/Summer 2020 term is February 10, 2020.
Enrolling in a course online might look a little daunting the first time you try it, but we'll walk you through it. If you have any trouble, contact us.
In a nutshell, it looks like this:
- Check your email for your Network ID
- Log in to MyPortal.MacEwan.ca
- Enrol in your classes
1) Get your Network ID
After you apply, the Office of the University Registrar will send your Network ID to the email account listed on your application. This will be the username and password you use to log in to myPortal.MacEwan.ca. If you have not received your Network ID within one hour of your application, email admissions@MacEwan.ca. Don't forget to check your junk mail folder, it may be waiting for you there.
2) Log in to myPortal.MacEwan.ca
The university's student portal is where you can find links to several online applications and tools for students, such as:
- Gmail: your student email account
- myStudentSystem: to search for and enrol in classes
- Blackboard: to access electronic materials for your classes
- Library access: to search for books, articles, and more
- Tech Support: for troubleshooting help
3) Enrol in your classes
- Go to Course Management > Add/Drop Courses in myPortal.MacEwan.ca, or
- Click on myStudentSystem in the quicklinks menu and navigate to the Enroll section
From there, add your classes. Courses that show “Reserve Limit in Effect: 0” or “Rsrvd: Open Studies” are available to Open Studies students. If you are new to the system, you might want to follow our Using MyStudentSystem Guide for step-by-step instructions.
Contact us if you have any trouble.