Conservatory of Music
Private Lessons | Violin, Viola
“ I believe that teaching is an opportunity to inspire students to fully develop their potential as musicians. ”
Brazilian-Canadian violinist Vladimir Rufino, has brought his love of music to stages in South America and Europe as well as Canada and the United States. He offers high quality instruction exemplified by his experience with teachers Yerko Pinto Tabilo and Charles Stegeman, and his participation in music festivals and symposia in Brazil, Canada, and the United States including the Starling-Delay Symposium on Violin Studies at The Juilliard School. He teaches private music lessons to students of all ages and levels, in-person or online at the MacEwan University Conservatory of Music. Throughout the year, his students have opportunities to perform in recitals and participate in various masterclasses partnered with viola instructor Fabiola Amorim. Vladimir also shares his experience when he adjudicates for festivals and competitions across Alberta. With Vladimir’s performance experience, students receive insight and inspiration to pursue their own performance endeavors. On many occasions, Vladimir has performed with orchestras in Brazil, the United States, and Canada, serving as concertmaster or assistant concertmaster. His chamber music experience includes numerous international performances as part of the Quartet Quarta Dimensão, the Camerata Brasílica, the Villa-Lobos String Quartet, and the Vaughan String Quartet. Besides performing the standard classical repertoire, Vladimir has performed and recorded a number of works by Brazilian composers. Vladimir currently performs regularly with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and as first violin of the Vaughan String Quartet, which released its debut CD in 2018.
- Doctor of Music degree from the University of Alberta (Canada)
- Master of Music degree and Artist Certificate from Azusa Pacific University (USA)
- Bachelor of Music degree from the Universidade Federal da Paraíba (Brazil).
- Vaughan String Quartet CD Villa-Lobos, Runcini, Boi, Carlos Gomes
- DMus Recording - Styles and Extended Techniques in 6 Works for Violin from Paraíba since 1952. (Canada)
- Performance/Recording of R. Murray Schafer's Apocalypsis - Analekta Label (Canada)
- Vaughan String Quartet Concert for the Associazione Amici di Paganini / Associazione Amici del Monastero di Santa Chiara (Italy)
- Grupo Quarta Dimensao CD Eli-Eri Moura: Chamber Music. (Brazil)
- Camerata Brasílica CD Brasilêra: concertmaster. (Brazil)
Vaughan String Quartet website
Request Private Lessons with Vladimir