Brazilian violinist Vladimir Rufino performance schedule has brought his love for music to stages across continents. Over the years, he has performed in many prestigious concert halls such as the Walt Disney Hall, Symphony Space, Rolston Recital Hall, and Sony Centre.
Dr. Rufino studied with Mr. Yerko Pinto Tabilo and Mr. Charles Stegeman. He was a recipient of numerous scholarships and participated in many music festivals and symposia in Brazil, Canada and United States including the Starling-Delay Symposium on Violin Studies at The Juilliard School. He was an Artist in Residence at the Banff Centre with the Vaughan String Quartet in two separate occasions.
Dr. Rufino’s orchestral experience includes performances with the Orquestra Sinfônica da Paraíba (Brazil), and as concertmaster for the Orquestra Sinfônica Jovem da Paraíba (Brazil), assistant concertmaster and soloist for the Orquestra de Câmara da Cidade de João Pessoa (Brazil), concertmaster for the Azusa Pacific University Symphony Orchestra (USA), and concertmaster for the University of Alberta Symphony Orchestra (Canada). He regularly plays with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (Canada). His chamber music experience includes many international performances, notably as part of the Quartet Quarta Dimensão, the Camerata Brasílica (where he served as concertmaster), Villa-Lobos String Quartet, and the Vaughan String Quartet (current first violin).
Rufino is married to the violist Fabiola Amorim and enjoys being able to share the stage with her in many occasions.
- Doctor of Music degree from the University of Alberta (Canada)
- Master of Music degree and Artist Certificate from Azusa Pacific University (USA)
- Bachelor of Music degree from the Universidade Federal da Paraíba (Brazil).
- Orquestra Sinfônica da Paraíba (Brazil)
- Concertmaster for the Orquestra Sinfônica Jovem da Paraíba (Brazil)
- Assistant Concertmaster and soloist for the Orquestra de Câmara da Cidade de João Pessoa (Brazil)
- Concertmaster for the Azusa Pacific University Symphony Orchestra (USA)
- Concertmaster for the University of Alberta Symphony Orchestra (Canada).