More flexibility. More accurate placement. And more choice in what you want to study. You may be at a different level for reading and writing than you are for listening and speaking, and in each case, you will be placed in the level best suited to you.

A placement test will determine your starting level. Higher-level courses focus on English for academic studies. They are designed for English language learners who wish to complete high school studies, continue to post-secondary studies or re-enter their professions in Canada. The lower-level courses focus on English communication skills necessary to function successfully in the community and the classroom.

If you are a full-time student, you will be able to select one reading/writing course, one listening/speaking course and one focus course. If you are a part-time student, you can choose whether to study reading and writing or listening and speaking. You can even choose to take just a focus course.

A variety of other special purpose English language training is offered through the School of Continuing Education.