Business Analysis & Professional Communication
Executive Professional Development for International Students
Develop business analysis and professional communication skills with this unique and
experiential learning opportunity with a recognized Canadian University.
Business analysts are engaged at all levels of organizations, working on strategic initiatives, operational projects and continuous improvement. Explore career opportunities such as Business Analyst, Functional Analyst, Systems Analyst, Agile Analyst, and Service Request Analyst.
In addition to training in business analysis, students will learn professional communication skills using a Canadian business context, including writing and speaking skills. Students also have the opportunity to work on a Capstone Project for a local organization and gain relevant experience in the Canadian industry. Students will work together in groups on a project from start to finish with the support of our instructors.
Please note: This is a non-credit certificate program. Students in this program may not transfer into credit programming. The Business Analysis & Professional Communication certificate takes 12 months to complete.
As an Endorsed Education Provider with International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®), MacEwan offers business analysis training aligned with IIBA's A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide v3) combined with real-world application.
For more information regarding IIBA certification requirements, please visit IIBA.org.
Duration & Delivery
Start Date: January & September
Length: 12 months Full-time
Term 1: January - April or September - December
Term 2: May - August or January - April
Term 3: September - December or May - August
IIBA, BABOK, CBAP and CCBA are registered marks of the International Association of Business Analysis.
Click here to review all general admission requirements
Steps to Apply
- Register for a MacEwan account to get started. You will be asked to provide personal information including your name, date of birth, and home address.
- After you have registered and signed in, you will be asked to identify what program and term you are applying for.
- Applicants must submit four documents (if applicable, provide the colour copy of the document):
- Proof of academic credential. This includes a post secondary degree or equivalent in their original form, translated into English.
- Your professional resume with at least one year work experience in industry.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. Successful applicants require a minimum English language proficiency of Academic IELTS 6.0 on each band or TOEFL/CBT 80.
- Citizenship and immigration documents, which may include one of the following four options:
- Landed Immigrant papers
- Permanent Residency Card
- Convention Refugee Documentation
- Photocopy of Passport picture page
For current international students please sign in with your current MacEwan account to apply for another program
Tuition fees are $17,000.00 (CAD). Fees are in Canadian dollars and are subject to change. Textbook costs/material fees are included. Program fee does not include accommodation or travel.
A non-refundable $110.00 (CAD) Application Fee required to assess your credentials and evaluate the application.
An additional $142.00 (CAD) is not included in the $17,000.00 fee. These are non-academic fees* which include:
- Picture ID Fee - $10 (one-time fee in 1st term only)
- SCE Tech Fee – $14.00 (charged all 3 terms)
- Medical Clinic Fee - $10.00 (charged all 3 terms)
- Special Student Membership Fee - $20.00 (charged all 3 terms)
*Non-academic fees are subject to change
Payment deadlines can be found on our FAQs page
Business Analysis Professional Development Certificate and a Professional Communication Certificate of Attendance
Business Analysis Courses
The Basics of Business Analysis
Elicitation and Collaboration
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
Requirements Life Cycle Management
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
Capstone Project Level I &II
Technical Development I, II (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Business Writing - I and II
Intercultural Communication Skills
Canadian Workplace Culture
Business Presentations: Competent Communicator
Reports, Proposals, Plans and More
The Job Hunt
Business Operation I & II
Fundamentals of Management and Supervision
Competent Communicator I & II
Building an Engaged Workforce
Effective Professional Writing
MS Excel - Advanced
Foundations of Leadership I & II
Coaching for Performance
Change Management Fundamentals
Students will be placed in a select combination of Professional Communications courses.
*Curriculum is subject to change
For all International Student Services and Supports, please visit MacEwan International.
Are you already living in Canada and interested in this program? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about your enrolment, or if you would prefer not to enrol online, contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
School of Continuing Education
The School of Continuing Education will move to Allard Hall at City Centre Campus Fall 2020.