Global Logistics Management & Professional Communication
Executive Professional Development for International Students
As global markets continue to grow and change, supply chain management professionals are increasingly expected to develop new strategic business processes to manage the distribution of goods and services.
Global Logistics professionals explore strategic issues contributing to transportation, inventory, and location management decisions, as well as assess the need for globalization of an organization’s operations and how to benefit from government regulations related to international logistics and trade. Explore career opportunities such as Supply Chain Analyst, Logistics Coordinator, Consultant, Purchasing Manager, Transportation Manager, and Customs Broker.
In addition to training in global logistics management, students will learn professional communication skills using a Canadian business context, including writing and speaking skills. Students also have the opportunity to work on a Capstone Project for a local organization and gain relevant experience in the Canadian industry. Students will work together in groups on a project from start to finish with the support of our instructors.
Please note: This is a non-credit certificate program. Students in this program may not transfer into credit programming. The Global Logistics Management & Professional Communication certificate takes 12 months to complete.
MacEwan University School of Continuing Education, in association with the Supply Chain Management Association of Alberta (SCMA AB), offers this advanced, comprehensive series of courses to meet the emerging needs of the global supply chain industry. For more information regarding SCMA AB, please visit scma.com/ab/
Duration & Delivery
Start Date: January & September
Length: 12 months Full-time
Term 1: January - April or September - December
Term 2: May - August or January - April
Term 3: September - December or May - August
Click here to review all general admission requirements
Steps to Apply
- Register for a MacEwan account to get started. You will be asked to provide personal information including your name, date of birth, and home address.
- After you have registered and signed in, you will be asked to identify what program and term you are applying for.
- Applicants must submit four documents (if applicable, provide the colour copy of the document):
- Proof of academic credential. This includes a post secondary degree or equivalent in their original form, translated into English.
- Your professional resume with at least one year work experience in industry.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. Successful applicants require a minimum English language proficiency of Academic IELTS 6.0 on each band or TOEFL/CBT 80.
- Citizenship and immigration documents, which may include one of the following four options:
- Landed Immigrant papers
- Permanent Residency Card
- Convention Refugee Documentation
- Photocopy of Passport picture page
Tuition fees are $17,000.00 (CAD). Fees are in Canadian dollars and are subject to change. Textbook costs/material fees are included. Program fee does not include accommodation or travel.
A non-refundable $110.00 (CAD) Application Fee required to assess your credentials and evaluate the application.
An additional $142.00 is not included in the $17,000.00 fee. These are non-academic fees which include:
- Picture ID Fee - $10 (one-time fee in 1st term only)
- SCE Tech Fee – $14.00 (charged all 3 terms)
- Medical Clinic Fee - $10.00 (charged all 3 terms)
- Special Student Membership Fee - $20.00 (charged all 3 terms)
Payment deadlines can be found on our FAQs page
Global Logistics Management Professional Development Certificate and a Professional Communication Certificate of Attendance
Global Logistics Management Courses
Global Supply Chain Management
Logistics & Relationship Management
Production & Operations Analysis
Supply Chain Risk Management
Negotiating for Results
Group Facilitation Techniques
Professional Communication Courses
Technical Communication I, II, and III
Technical Development I, II, and III
Business Writing - I and II
Intercultural Communication Skills
Canadian Workplace Culture
*Curriclum is subject to change
For all International Student Services and Supports, please visit MacEwan International.
Are you already living in Canada and interested in these programs? Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
If you have any questions about your enrolment, or if you would prefer not to enrol online, contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
School of Continuing Education