Applied Photography Series
Add to your photography practice and upgrade your portfolio by incorporating specialized photography techniques to develop your skill-set, artistic sensibility and agility. This series is designed for photography enthusiasts and anyone aspiring to start a career in photography. Each course focuses on a specific aspect of photography.
Learning and Career Growth
Build your photography skills and boost your portfolio by taking specialized courses or take the entire series to build the following skills:
• Discover how to skillfully and naturally pose individuals and groups
• Learn strategies to build rapport with clients to establish trust and confidence
• Effectively edit and present your photographs in a professional manner
• Assess locations to determine camera settings and additional lighting requirements
• Understand copyright, contracts, liability, and insurance for your photography business
• Determine pricing for your services
Courses range from 6-9 hours each in length and are held in person on weekday evenings at Allard Hall in MacEwan University's City Centre Campus. This series may be completed in as little as 8 months depending on course availability.
There are no admission requirements for this program. You can simply register for a course any time. It is recommended that students have previous photography experience prior to taking courses in the Applied Photography Series. Please bring to class a Digital SLR camera with manual capabilities, batteries or charger, camera manual, memory stick and external flash.
Course fees are listed with individual courses and do not include supplies unless otherwise indicated. Course fees range from $249-$295 and the entire series can be completed for $793. Fees are subject to change.