Cannabis Career Training Series
Gain a strong foundation that can help you grow a career in Canada’s rapidly expanding cannabis industry. Experienced professionals working in the industry, including horticulturalists, scientists and marketing specialists, will provide an overview of the successes and continual challenges within the rapidly expanding cannabis market. This series of courses is offered in collaboration with the Continuing and Professional Studies division of Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU).
Learning and Career Growth
- Learn about Health Canada’s regulations and how they relate to quality assurance and cannabis production in licensed facilities.
- Gain an understanding of how to produce medical cannabis according to Health Canada’s regulations.
- Study Good Production Practices (GPP), pest and disease management, cultivation techniques, grow room planning, quality assurance practices, facility security planning, and standard operating procedure design.
- Learn about specific restrictions within the Cannabis Act and how to effectively work within them.
- Create and implement strategies to attract and retain a loyal customer base, build awareness, and generate revenue for your organization.
- Gain an understanding of how the rules regarding cannabis use and sales have changed.
Duration and Delivery
Courses are 13 weeks each in length and are delivered online.
It is recommended that students have a basic understanding of general marketing concepts and principles for the Marketing Under the Cannabis Act course. Basic computer skills are required for these online courses.
There are no admission requirements for this program. You can simply register for a course at any time.
Course and/or material fees are listed with individual courses and do not include supplies unless otherwise indicated. Course fees are $1,499 per course. Fees are subject to change.
If you have any questions about your enrolment, or if you would prefer not to enrol online, contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
School of Continuing Education