International Student Counselling

As an international student, you may face the challenge of adjusting to life in a new cultural and educational environment. During this transition and throughout your studies at MacEwan University, you are encouraged to contact Wellness and Psychological Services for wellness and mental health support.

All of the members of the Wellness and Psychological Services team have expertise and skills to help you adjust and transition successfully. If you need help coping with low self-esteem, loneliness, sleeping issues, talking to instructors or peers, depression, anxiety or academic stress, contact us.

Wellness and Psychological Services

International wellness and psychological services include the following areas:

Cultural Counselling

Cultural Counselling assists you to:

  • Adjust to the challenges of living and studying in Canada.

  • Cope with cultural shock and homesickness.

  • Increase confidence and self-esteem.

Personal Counselling

Personal Counselling enables you to:

  • Learn effective coping strategies.

  • Resolve personal and relationship difficulties.

  • Manage stress and depression. 

Educational counselling

Educational counselling supports you to:

  • Understand university procedures and policies.

  • Develop study skills.

  • Make education-related decisions.

Career counselling

Career counselling allows you to:

  • Learn about the career decision-making process.

  • Examine your interests and preferences in careers.

  • Complete career inventories and assessments.

Immigration Support and Services

International students should check with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) about questions related to immigration issues, such as obtaining permits and visas or getting a job. Only regulated Canadian immigration consultants can provide immigration services or advice according to law. Wellness and Psychological Services counsellors will not offer or provide immigration-related advice or support.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Within Canada call: 1-888-242-2100
Outside of Canada call: 1-613-944-4000


MacEwan International

MacEwan International is another resource to help you succeed. Contact MacEwan International about university programs, language assessment and upgrading, student services, advising, finances or adjusting to life in your new community. If you need a letter confirming your enrolment at MacEwan University, complete the General Request Form and submit it to the MacEwan International office.

MacEwan International