Student Affairs is made up of the following departments:
At Career Development and Experiential Learning, you can learn about:
- Career services for students, including career education, individual advising and assessment
- Work-integrated learning
- Experiential learning support and education
- Graduate school opportunities
- Co-curricular activities and the co-curricular record
Find out more at MacEwan.ca/CDEL.
Dorothy Ritz, Manager
The Exam Services Centre provides a variety of exam-related supports to MacEwan University and the larger community. We answer questions from MacEwan students or faculty members about online/distance-learning exams, deferred exams or the scoring of scantron exams. As well, we support faculty and students with the exam-writing process. Non-MacEwan students and other clients can book exam-writing space at our facility.
Find out more at MacEwan.ca/ExamServiceCentre.
Petrina Ferreira, Manager
Services to Students with Disabilities (SSD) collaborates with the MacEwan University community to facilitate full access for you as a student with a disability. We accomplish this by sharing information and resources, providing a broad range of services, including access to technology, and recommending academic accommodations if you experience barriers related to a disability or medical condition.
Find out more at MacEwan.ca/SSD.
Abigail Parrish-Craig, Chair
Student Leadership Development and Community Engagement provides you with the following opportunities and services:
- A reflection and spirituality space
- First-year experience advice and support
- MacEwan University ambassadors
- A Get Involved Centre for student volunteers
- A liaison to the Golden Key program
- New student orientation and parent welcome
- Information on and support with co-curricular record activities
- Supporting you to engage with the MacEwan community
Brett Farquharson, Interim Manager
We want you to succeed in your post-secondary endeavours. Our areas of support include:
- Remedial and transitional programming
- Learning and exam supports
- The Writing Centre
- Academic writing support
- Creative writing support
Geneve Champoux, Manager
MacEwan University believes every student's voice enriches our learning community through the sharing of ideas. Our students are responsible for engaging in respectful, considerate dialogue in which ideas, not individuals, are challenged. Through the adoption and promotion of restorative practices, we provide and facilitate opportunities for MacEwan students to explore engaged citizenship and ethical conduct, and the values and responsibilities associated with these.
Find out more at MacEwan.ca/AcademicIntegrity.
Paul Sopcak, Coordinator