MacEwan University Diversity Project
The MacEwan University Diversity Project aims to bring visibility and resources to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, queer, questioning, (LGBTTQ) and allied communities. With a growing LGBTTQ student body at MacEwan University we strive to educate university students, staff, and faculty about the community.
This website has been designed to provide access to information and resources at MacEwan University as well as within the larger LGBTTQ and allied communities.
The MacEwan University Diversity Project sticker campaign invites MacEwan University and Students’ Association of MacEwan University (SAMU) employees to show their support of the LGBTTQ community on campus. Those displaying a sticker are committed to offering support, providing information, and directing individuals to other resources.
The MacEwan University Diversity Project has been active in creating an inclusive campus. Activities have included:
- Participating in the Pride Parade
- Supporting the InQueeries student club
- Designing and distributing MacEwan University Diversity Project Stickers
- Diversity training
- Coming OUT @ MacEwan University forum
- Classroom Speakers Series
- Supporting Gender Bender
- Supporting the “Chalk Messages: You are Loved” event
- Community mixers