If you encounter barriers while writing exams, we can make alterations that will provide a more accessible environment. These accommodations are intended to level the playing field and give you a fair opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned.
Reasons to Access Exam Accommodations
If anything in this list applies to you, you may find exam accommodations helpful. Be aware that this list is not comprehensive. If you experience any barriers not mentioned in this list, feel free to discuss them with us.
- Exams in standard print format are not accessible to you
- Hand writing responses during your exam is inaccessible or too slow to be practical
- Unavoidable classroom distractions make it difficult for you to focus on your exam
- Regular exam time passes too quickly for you to process and complete the exam
- Specialized furniture (e.g., adjustable table, ergonomic chair) helps you to sit comfortably.
You can submit a request to book an exam through myPortal.MacEwan.ca.
Exam Centre Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(Accommodations can be arranged as early as 7:30 am if required)
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Extended hours during finals:
The SSD Exam Centre will be open extended hours during finals to accommodate the increased volume:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.