- Attend all your lectures.
- Be on time for class and do not leave early.
- Complete the assigned reading before class.
- Before the lecture, look over your notes from the previous one.
- Be alert.
- Make your notes clear and easy to read.
- Develop abbreviations of recurring terms.
- Listen for clues.
- Take notes on everything the instructor puts on the board, the overheads, etc.
- Pay attention at the end of class too.
After the Class
- Read your notes to make sure you will be able to read them easily in the future.
- After filling in any gaps, write key words in the margin. Review your notes often.
Before an Exam
- Review your notes thoroughly. Glance at the key words you have written in the margin and see how much you can remember before you read your notes.
- Try to predict possible test questions, and be prepared to answer them.