Transcripts & documents

Transcripts list the courses you have taken, where and when you took them and your final grades. They allow us to determine if you meet the academic requirements for your program of choice.

You must submit all official transcripts/educational documents from any high school and post-secondary or higher education you have attended by the document deadline.

Admission Dates & Deadlines

Documents from within Alberta

If you attended an Alberta high school or a post-secondary institution that participates in ApplyAlberta, the Office of the University Registrar will order official Alberta high school and post-secondary transcripts on your behalf. When you apply, you authorize MacEwan University to obtain your transcripts from Alberta Education and participating post-secondary institutions. You are not charged for transcripts we request on your behalf through ApplyAlberta.

Apply Alberta // Participating institutions

Documents from other schools within Canada

You must submit transcripts from any other schools. You need to make arrangements with each educational institution you attended that does not meet the criteria above to order official transcripts and have them sent directly from the issuing authority to the Office of the University Registrar at MacEwan University. The processing time varies by institution and they may charge a fee.

For information on ordering official high school transcripts from your specific province/territory, please visit the ALIS Alberta website.

ALIS Alberta

Documents from outside Canada

For academic records from outside of Canada, we require specific documents to assess your application for admission. Document requirements are different for each country.

Transcripts/Documents from outside Canada


A certified English language translation is required for all academic records that are submitted in a language other than English. This includes transcripts, exam results, qualifications, credentials and all other documentation.

Translations must:

  • be completed by a translator who is certified to translate the written language to English,
  • include information about your translator,
  • include an image of the original document used by the translator,
  • be complete, literal, word-for-word, and
  • be laid out in the same format as the original document.

Official transcripts from authorities or institutions become the property of MacEwan University. Admissions may ask to examine your original credentials (those in your possession like degree parchments). We will advise you via your myMacEwan email, which you should monitor throughout the admissions process.