Tuition, Fees & Costs

Going to university can be financially demanding: tuition fees, service fees, books and supplies. It all adds up. But with a bit of planning, you can enjoy all that student life has to offer.


International Cost Estimate

Estimate tuition and fees for international students.

International Estimator
Reporting tuition on your student permit extension 

When you apply for a student permit extension, you may need to include evidence of your upcoming tuition costs. Calculate your tuition estimate for one term with 15 credits, print the page and include it with your permit extension application.

When you indicate the tuition amount on your permit extension application, multiply the estimate by two so that it covers both fall and winter terms.

Cost of living

As well as tuition and fees, you need to plan for the day-to-day costs of a student living away from home, such as food, accommodation and socializing. Print the cost-of-living table and include it with your study permit application.


Immigration status change

If you receive permanent resident, protected person or convention refugee status in Canada, tuition and fees are assessed at the domestic rate beginning in the term the change in immigration status takes effect. If notification and the applicable supporting documentation is received by the OUR by the Last day to add or drop Regular Session classes, the change takes effect in the current academic term. Any notification, including the submission of supporting documentation, received after the Last day to add or drop Regular Session classes results in the change taking effect in the next academic term.

Documents such as Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) can be uploaded directly into your student record through myStudentSystem.

Save your document as a PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, DOC or DOCX file.
  1. Log in to using your Network ID and password.
  2. Launch myStudentSystem from the Quick Links menu.
  3. From your student homepage, Select My Documents.
  4. Select the Document Type from the dropdown menu. Choose Residency Verification.
  5. Click Upload Document. A pop-up window will appear.
    • Click My Device to search for your file, or
    • Drag your file into the box
  6. Click Upload.

Refugees or protected persons

If the IRB has accepted your claim and you have convention refugee or protected person status, upload your Notice of Decision by selecting Residency Verification as the Document Type. Convention Refugees or Protected Persons who do not have Permanent Residence status must consult with a regulated immigration specialist at MacEwan International before applying to the university to discuss study permit requirements while awaiting a decision on their Permanent Residence status application.

Refugee or protected person claimants

Refugee or protected person claimants whose Notice of Decision is pending are deemed to be an international student when enrolled at the university and are subject to all policies and regulations applicable to international students. This includes the assessment of tuition and fees which are assessed at the international tuition rate. Most refugee and protected person claimants require a study permit to pursue post-secondary studies. Consult a regulated immigration specialist at MacEwan International to discuss your study permit requirements.