Clinical Practice

A fundamental part of the program is the integration of theoretical knowledge with clinical skills, as you move from the classroom to the therapeutic environment of the on-site teaching clinic. Through clinical practice courses and internships, you will develop into a highly knowledgeable therapist with the skills and confidence to move into professional practice in a wide range of health and wellness environments.

The amount of practical work in the program is great! The teachers are amazing and ready to help you in every way. The program has an amazing program of study. It is constantly changing and advancing so there is always something new to learn.
Lara Tremblay, grad
International students

International students must have a co-op work permit before starting field placement/clinical practice/practicum. A co-op work permit is different from your study permit; it is an additional permit that authorizes international students to participate in work that is integral to their program of study. You need an up-to-date medical exam by an IRCC approved panel physician before applying for a co-op work permit as you will be working with vulnerable populations in a health, community or medical field.

Ask MacEwan International about the documents you need to apply. You should apply for a co-op work permit 4-6 months before the start of your field placement/clinical practice/practicum as current IRCC processing times are lengthy.